YORK AMATEUR BOWLING ASSOCIATION VETERAN SECTION
RINK SECRETARIES NOTES
Only persons aged 60 years and over are eligible to play in the League or any Competition organised by the Veterans Section.
2. The fees for entry to the League and rink K.O. Competitions will be notified from time to time and are payable before the 31st of March in each year but in practice are usually paid to the Treasurer at the Spring Meeting in March.
3. The person appointed to act as Rink Secretary is required to make any necessary contacts with his opposite number with regard to anything which may arise to affect a particular Fixture ( wet weather or inability to raise a team).
4. The Secretary of the HOME RINK is required to notify the League Secretary of the outcome of any league or cup match as soon as possible after the game to enable him update the league tables or the cup draw & get the results to the press. The Secretary’s address Telephone number and e-mail address is on the fixture list. In the event of a league or cup fixture not being fulfilled the Secretary must also be notified during the same period together with details of any re-arrangement. Matches will be played over 18 ends but should adverse weather conditions prevent this number being played, then 15 ends shall be the minimum to constitute a match. (if less ends played then match has to be re-arranged and the score resumed at the point it was abandoned).
5. A list of players to be registered in each rink should reach the Secretary at least TWO WEEKS in advance of the start of the season. Clubs with more than one rink shall not be permitted to transfer players from one rink to another after the first match of the season except where a registered member has not played.
6. The Maddison & Coronation Cups are played on a knock out principle between rinks of four players with the Finals taking place at West Bank Park and the Semi-Finals on a neutral green.
7. The Two Wood Singles competitions will be played at a venue to be notified from time to time over a period of (3) three days in August entry forms notifying the fee will be out in good time. The winner holds the Lord Mayor’s Cup for one year Winner, Runner Up and Losing Semi / finalists will each receive a cash prize.
8. Triples Competition:- Entry forms will be sent out in good time and Winners and Runners Up will hold trophies for one year and together with losing Semi / Finalists will receive cash prizes.
Reservations of rinks on public greens for all League and Qualifying rounds only in Knock out competitions will be made by the League Secretary.